Saturday, June 15, 2013

Pretenders choose the easy path...but fail always.

A man who knew me used to cut lawns, collect grass and sell it for the cows and buffaloes to eat. This is how he earned his living. But he thought, "Swami Rama enjoys life without doing anything. Wherever he goes people bring flowers, spread carpets, and even give him a cottage to live in. People clean and cook for him and take care of all his needs. It must be very good to be swami".

He said to his wife, "I propose to do an experiment. For six months, I will pretend to be a swami".

She complained, But I need money. You have to look after the family".

He replied,"Whatever money people give me, I will turn over to you".

He saved a little money, bought the proper clothes, and pretended to be swami. For the first three days, nobody asked him if he was hungry. He felt insulted because he saw that many people were coming to me and putting fruit before me, although I was not eating it. (If people bring me anything, I pass it on. In this way, I am free from any obligation. They are expressing their love by giving it to me, and I am expressing my love by giving it to someone else.) After seven days, he had lost a great deal of weight and had yet to make any money.

At night, he would quietly visit his wife. She said, "what a foolish man you are. You were earning quite a lot of money, and now you are not earning anything. Why don't you at least go to swamiji and ask him the secret of his success?"

So he came to me in the garb of a swami. I said, "Swamiji, please come forward."

He said, "Sir, I want to ask you a question privately". So I asked the others present to please wait outside.

He said, " I want to know the secret of your success".

I said, "I am not aware that I am successful. In what way do you think I am successful?"

He said, "Without asking for money, you get money. This cottage is at your disposal. Drivers come for you. Many people come and sit with you. Why?"

I replied, "You know, when I wanted such things, they never came to me. But the day I determined I didn't want them, I began getting them".

Remember this, as Swami Vivekananda says: "Fortune is like a flirt - she will run away from you when you want her, but if you are not interested in her, she will come chasing you."

-Source: Living with the Himalayan Masters by Swami Rama.

19 comments:

paddy said...

Master,

Very good message..Specially Swami Vivekananda's message. God Bless!!

Kumar said...

Namaskaaram GuruJi and Brother & Sisters,

Good Morning.

Have a Good Day and nice weekend.

Nilesh Patil said...

Good Morning Master & Friends,
Wonderful message.

sarvesh said...

Good morning, Master!

Manish said...

Goodmorning master and all friends,

Master piece again.

Lalit said...

Thanks Masterji

shriram said...

GM master,

This piece is a gr8 reflection for myself & my immaturity a few yrs ago.

Before coming across JN, was under influence of crowd who were using EW as a tool to show the world how "smart" i/ they was/were. In that flow I too started using TA as an outlet to "impress the world" , trying too hard to look for approval of my charts or EW lables.

What a mistake that was !

It was only after brutal self-evaluation did enlightenment dawn that MATHS/ Nos. alone can capture REALITY OF PRICE.

On that day lucky day when JN showed light, the pretender-swami in me was terminated.

It still is a struggle everyday to fully remove self-ego, but @least now, when i enter the JN temple everyday, the chappal of ego is left outside

Thank you Master for teaching the way to become aware & control my own ego!

Rgds

Anand Kumar said...

When i sit in front of terminal, i think that the market will go up or down as per the trend. But the market will be in place and will not move even 10 points to book profit or loss.

Similarly, when i am stationed the market will be standstill but when out of station market will move 200-300 points and at the end of the day i will get message mobile that you have been credited x amount of money in your account.

Hence, what Ilangoji said is correct. "Fortune is like a flirt - she will run away from you when you want her, but if you are not interested in her, she will come chasing you."

Regards

Yash and Dhan said...

Good Morning Sir and dear friends.
Great story to start the week end.
God Bless.

Karthik Radhakrishnan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Subhash Mittal said...

Practically true Sir,
Subhash Mittal

venkatapathy l said...

Namaste Ilango Sir.

LV

sandeep said...

master nice article. but nothing flirts--- ,persistance dedication n sincirity

durga said...

GOOD MORNING MASTER n copy to all(pls dont mind if this is copied..)
if yu think life is a war please note ther r not any rules..so burn yur inherited rule book ,,,write yur own(based on yur observation of LIFE around yu.
nothing dies faster than values in a society,,because it evolves around strength comes out of conflicts ..yu need to follow it whther yu like it or not(HISTORICAL DIALECTICS)..
so read between the lines in a success story.. GOOD DAY..

chetas said...

Friends,

I am reading a E book, it is very interesting, I would like to share the link

http://www.trading-naked.com/library/Phantom_of_the%20_Pits.pdf

prakashbkc said...

GM MAster,

Kindly update BN & nifty TA file for this week

prakashbkc said...

GM Master,

Kindly update BN & nifty TA file for this week in just nifty group

gangadhar said...

good morning master........

Post a Comment