Monday, January 11, 2010

Nifty PreMarket View

Stocks are moving higher with volumes.
Some such as HDFC, Maruti, IT stocks have been sold off with Volume.
Stock specific action suggests of both upside & down side possibility.
Sell into strength and buy into weakness in a range of 5150-5160 to 5330-5340.

37 comments:

INDITRADER said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yes Friend or keep Trailing Stop Loss

Sunny said...

hi dear sir ILANGO,
GOOD MORNING
Today spot nifty low is 5227.80 so its seem is worn of deeper correction ?

Rajagopal said...

Very Good Morning. Ilango and friends.
Regards,
S Rajagopal

Mano said...

GM illango sir
nifty spot made a high of 5287.5
markets may touch 5300 as u said
is it any false break out??

Rishi said...

Ilango, Nifty Spot did move past 5275..was it a first sign? Now, where to put our stops for the longs and where to reverse??

Rajagopal said...

Can anyone guide me?

I have elwave and metastock but do not have the manual/guide to learn about linking live NSE data.

Can anyone advise me. Mr Indian, read that you use Metastock - could you please help.
Regards,
S Rajagopal

Rishi said...

Ilango, any views on Reliance? It has bounced from the 21-day average as you mentioned in your stock specific blog. Now, what is expected on the upside?

satheesh said...

GOOD MORNING TO ALL

Ilango sir., Today reliance has shown a high of 1149 in opening similar to what was punched last week on Jan 5 - a high of approx., 1145. does it mean it has crossed 1120, and the atock is in breakout? or can we ignore it as spurious data?

satheesh said...

NS touched both support and resistance!!! totaly confusing!!!! as to where to initiate trade for intraday!!!!

Ilango said...

Hi..All,

I have net problems.

There are freak quotes in Nifty low as well as RIL highs.

Keep a SL now of 5260NS, if you have not booked out yet.

Inspite of 3 cr volume in RIL cash(Bulk deal), Nifty has held well so far.

I will get back once net problems are sorted out. Trade light.

Ilango said...

hi..Rajagopal,

Put your quiery to Mr.Rajandran of "Market Calls"(In my blog list). He should be able to guide you.

Ilango said...

Nifty is trading in the 5265 - 5286 - the upper band of the range in the post. Above 5286, will go past 5310.

Below 5265, deeper down..

bizagra said...

Hi Ilango sir, r we going short below 5265??

Rajagopal said...

Thanx Ilango. Will do as advised.
Regards,
S Rajagopal

nifty said...

bizagra,

I think what Ilango meant was to SELL the Nifty (bought on 8/1 @ < 5240) if Nifty goes below 5260. No shorting yet. Just profit booking, I suppose.

satheesh said...

Ilango sir the hourly close at 10.00 is above the 5HEMA. so can we trail the stoploss of the long to 5HEMA? FOR INTRADAY?

Anonymous said...

Ilango sir, today i booked profit in my long taken at 5241 on friday at 5291 - a profit of 50 points. thanks.
I also shorted at 5292 & holding now. shall i place a stop loss of 5290 nifty spot?

Prabhakar said...

Dear Ilango Sir,

Today I booked profit in my Long taken at 5245 on Friday at 5285. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Ilango Sir,
Like Prabhakar and Saravana I also booked profit as advised by you in the Pre Market view.
Thanks a ton

Anonymous said...

Ilango sir, since you had recommended aggressive trade to sell on strength at 5270-5295, I not only booked profit in my long taken at 5241 on friday at 5291 but also took an aggressive short at 5292. Can I hold it as a positional short? If so what should be the stop loss?

Akhil said...

Can anyone send me updated excel sheet at akhil20@gmail.com

Cheers
Akhil

CVA said...

hello ilango sir

blood donation said...

Hai Illango sir,
I am new. Please kindly send me the excel sheet to my mail id. cvab37@gmail.com

arvindkering said...

Akhil,
Excel sheet sent.

Akhil said...

Thx Arvind.

I have fwded the same to Blood Donation..
Blood Donation - Nice ID

Cheers
Akhil

Anonymous said...

Ilango sir, nifty spot below 5250, I am holding short at 5292. Should I book profit or hold it as positional. Pl advise.

blood donation said...

Thank you Akhil and Arvind.

Rajagopal said...

Welcome Blood Donation - remember this market is "Count Dracula" !!!

Trafic is very less today. Is it because Ilango couldn't post the updates?
Regards,
S Rajagopal

Anonymous said...

Ilango sir, I booked profit in my short taken at 5292 today morning at 5252 - profit 40 points. thanks.

Akhil said...

Hi Sarvana

As long as Nifty doesn't closes below 5246 daily 5EMA we should not carry any short position.


Cheers
Akhil

satheesh said...

tomorrow results of INFY,wipro and tcs. can anybody say how it is going to affect the market?

Anonymous said...

hi Akhil, thanks for the advise, I wanted to carry short coz nifty spot came down to even 5241. But thought I am getting 40 points why not book? So booked at 5252. As you said nifty spot may not close below 5246.

bizagra said...

Hii all, if nifty is closing below 5246, r we going to short today?

bizagra said...

I think no, Ilango sir said, i shows weekness, but follow up action required,ie moving below 5 LMA.

Prosenjit said...

For me it looks like a market to sell long if any.But NO NO to short.... dont see much downside now.May be the result starting will drag towards 5160-5000.Below 5000 sharp fall may happen, but 5000 will act as a strong support.

Covered all long and having no short as of now.Need more clarity to take position.

Akhil said...

Hi Prosenjit

Since ur good with options I need one advise.I am carrying 5300 put almost from the begining of this series bought at 124.
I shorted Nifty Future in the morning and covered it with 20 pts profit.I was not sure of going long in future around 5240 levels so shorted 5200 put do u think its a right strategy?

Cheers
Akhil

Post a Comment

Elliot's Impulse waves.(Part-5)

IMPULSE WAVES :- The Basics Waves that move the market in the direction of its main trend either up or down are called Impulse waves. 1....