Thursday, November 5, 2009

Nifty update

At 1.55PM:
Trail your Longs..
Create shorts @ & above 4740.

********************************************************
From 4690, fallen to 4665(Pivot), then to S1 @ 4611.
Now it is rising towards the Pivot 4665...
If it gets resisted, it may fall from there.
If it stays above 4660, more upsides.4680+.

17 comments:

Saif said...

sir nifty is in green..hard to believe ..80 pts got covered in 5 mins..some record

Ilango said...

Hi..Shaq,

"Short covering" ..Bear rallies are quite sharp and better than in "Bull markets"..

Saif said...

very true sir...never seen such a sharp rise before...

Ilango said...

Remember, last week close is 4711, anything above that is a sell..

Sridhar Raghavan said...

This is getting too volatile for my nerves. I am out of all my positions for now.. was sitting on a neat profit this morning, came out with a small profit. But a profit is a profit :)

The 4700 call has unwound most of its open interest addition. At one time, the OI addition was close to 20 lakhs, now it is only 5 lakhs. So though 4700 does remain significant resistance, I'm not sure if it will necessarily contain the upmove now.

Looking at the futures volumes so far, it looks like we are going to create some sort of a record !!

Rishi said...

Ilango, you mean anything below 4711 is a sell, right? :)

Ilango said...

Hi..Sridhar,

This kind of move was expected as per EW analysis in the PreMarket Chart..suggested to go short first, then long & then a short..

Another day or two of upmoves are possible..But the weekly bias remains down..

Kapil Chopra said...

Dear Ilango,

I have bought 4500 puts and sold 4200 puts, good enough ?

prakash said...

Hi Ilango,
If we close above 4700 today can i carry some longs for tomorrow.

But one thing i must appreciate is your reading about wave is really very good..

Regards
Prakash

Ilango said...

Yes..kapil,

That is good.

Good Luck to us all..

Kapil Chopra said...

Well, 4711 is gone again ! This is huge volatility ! Is it a shorting point or a point where we should go long again ?

Kapil Chopra said...

A close over last weeks high should be positive ?

Sridhar Raghavan said...

You are right, Ilango. I think I will wait for higher levels to short. I am not very comfortable going long given the inherent weakness of the market.

I think there is a inverted H&S pattern on the intraday charts if the Nifty clears 4700 and stays above it. Target should be close to 4860 and it is also the 50% retracement level. That might be a good point to short, provided it gets there !!

Ilango said...

Hi..Kapil,

Only if you have devoted time, you can play these intra moves..up & down, etc..

We are preparing for the Nov. series down move in stages..

Ilango said...

Hi..Kapil,

Last week's high is 5033..You mean yesterday's high..? 4717..

Raagav said...

Hi Boss, can i go short from this level or wait for some time.

Yogi said...

Hi Ilango,

I now fan of your TA.

I did study EW, but due to lot of counting involved, I gave it a skip. However, After following your blog for over 8 months now. I ll give it another shot(it is due).

Thanks, and ahh..I m borrowing Prechet for a while.

Regards
Yogi

Post a Comment

Elliot's Impulse waves.(Part-5)

IMPULSE WAVES :- The Basics Waves that move the market in the direction of its main trend either up or down are called Impulse waves. 1....