Sunday, May 9, 2010

Anbudaya Ammavukku...(To a loving mother)

When I made a post on a Mother's story two weeks ago, I had just come back from seeing my mother and I was worried nothing should happen to her like it did in the story.
But my worst fears came true when my brother called me up to say that mother has been admitted to the hospital and I cursed myself for putting that post. Then I told myself that I do not believe in such coincidences and enquired about her status and to my relief he said it is only a mild attack and she would get discharged in a few days time.
She is back at home now. She is advised to talk less but all her life she has been talking to her ten children and I don't think she will stop now.
She is the most beautiful mother..the one kind I recommend strongly for any one ..She is full of "unconditional love" and she never judged us at any time and that gave us strength to face anything in the world and we grew up to be more independent. She would get up at 4.30 AM to start her work and would go to bed after 11.30PM or later depending on my father's arrival in those days. She would be doing something or the other but now her movements are restricted with age. She would sit with all of us to make us study but she never forced any of us. She used to sit & write few of our home works (those days they are not particular who wrote the home work) and she never refused anything to us. And we all scored very high with distinctions.

When our father lost everything in a tricky family partition, she did not complain and when she had to raise the ten children all alone after his demise too, we never saw her losing hope at any time. Just her presence held us together. She truly acted as a guardian angel to all of us. Just thinking about her makes my day....She has given me the most important gift to share and she has made that my second nature..Love, strength, confidence.

People write about "Power of Now" now but we have been living with one for so many years. The way she accepts life, surrendering to it and working with whatever comes her way with out a tinge of a complaint with such practicality should be a "case study" for any worthy corporation or management school. She does not go to temples much as for her work is worship.
On this Mother's Day, It feels nice to talk about her .
I grew up with these songs that brings her more closer every time I hear it.

A small story to remind us of the preciousness to be closer to Mother:

A man stopped at a flower shop to order some flowers to be wired to his mother who lived two hundred miles away.

As he got out of his car he noticed a young girl sitting on the curb sobbing.

He asked her what was wrong and she replied, "I wanted to buy a red rose for my mother.

But I only have seventy-five cents, and a rose costs two dollars."

The man smiled and said, "Come on in with me. I'll buy you a rose."

He bought the little girl her rose and ordered his own mother's flowers.

As they were leaving he offered the girl a ride home.

She said, "Yes, please! You can take me to my mother."

She directed him to a cemetery, where she placed the rose on a freshly dug grave.

The man returned to the flower shop, canceled the wire order, picked up a bouquet and drove the two hundred miles to his mother's house.

(Courtesy Anonymous)

34 comments:

BALA said...

Sir,

What a story,Oh,some how or other due to job compulsion or other things ,it is/was not possible to be along with mother always. Mother"s unconditional love is... no words. Whatever conditions either financial etc she is always see children are coming up # any cost .(Take care and if possible bring her to Bangalore and Rajapalayam is very hot place and water scarcity is also there -Pl.don"t take it otherwise)

S N said...

Sir,

You are really a nice person as an individual,
a good son, guide, friend and philosopher. All your blogs are simply superb. I think, if one
keeps reading your blogs every now and then, that would be enough for his / her personal improvement.

I am saying this because blogs are too many and they only add more and more confusing ideas / thoughts / outlook of life.

God Bless you and your family.

Thanks a lot for your self-less service !!!

sadanand balwant said...

"Aai" means "mother" in marathi...
just two words but lot of strength.
Thanks Dear Ilango...

manu said...

i miss my mother a lot...

WARLOCKAR said...

@ Illango Sir,

Simply SUPERB sir.

@ Gautam Sir,

Please add me to your blog.

My mail id: skaransingh@gmail.com

I am a silent follower of both of you.

Rajagopal said...

Mother. The greatest of all god's creation. As long as she is around,
she can ensure that we feel as Children and young. Without her we
suddenly become grown up and old. God cannot be everywhere.
That is why he created Mothers. What an apt saying !
I felt very proud when my daughter walked upto my wife,kissed her,
wished her "happy mother's day" thanked her for "everything" and
finally requested her to accept the "humble gift." Then suddenly I felt bad.
I rushed to my mother and imitated all that my daughter did including the
gift part. My mother accepted all the words but
yelled at me on seeing the gift - "why do you throw away money like this?
Her (my daughter) father may be rich. Remember,yours was not. Save the
money for the Child to enjoy". The old fashioned mother. She won't change.

Thank you for such a nice Tribute. (Accept it on behalf of your mother.
Having got 10 of her own, she won't mind one more walking from the street
into the pride).

Happy Mother's day to all Mothers - May God bless you all.

Rajagopal said...

Hi Manu - Cheer up buddy. Parents live in our heart. Being Born and passing away are the ultimate EW.

Cheer up please.

As mother's adopt children, why don't we grown ups adopt a mother. Just meet one destitude,orphaned mother's expense (in an old age home) to make her living little more comfortable.

manu said...

thnx RG
will surely do 2dy only :)

Rajagopal said...

Occasionally I try to talk on the subject. That also become OoT considering the day. Cannot help it.Sorry.
===
Sir,
My critic wants to experiment trading based on 20 day High and Low. His theory 20D-H invites and Short and 20D-L a Long. Is it correct ? Simply put at these points the stock must be at its OB or OS state. But in a Deep Trending environment forming higher highs and lower lows (just check BOB,YES BANK,CAIRN...). This happened in the recent march to 5300 and the pattern is reversing in the current fall. Will it be safe ? Will we be catching a flying arrow and falling knife? To facilitate his study, I have included the 20D-H and L for both N-50 and Futures, will continue with the update.
All the Best PS.

Rajagopal said...

"But in a Deep Trending environment forming higher highs and lower lows is common - which brings a risk at both Short and Long initiation.

Rajagopal said...

manu said...
thnx RG
will surely do 2dy only :)- Thank you Manu.
I have 29 of them. Here is the sad back ground.
===
My friend came with the news that an old lady fell into an open well and
died in his village. Later when he visited the village he came to know
that she did not fall but tied a rock boulder to her leg and jumped into
the well. By the time he got back to the city and told me about the sad
state - three more such suicides happened. We thought something very bad
is happening. We rushed to the village and did a study during the week end.
The reason was poverty and rejection by other family members due to their
own poverty. We decided to take a small census and caught hold of the 22
old,desparate and none-to take care Mothers. Now they are happy with the
68 children in our Ashram. We could ensure an honourable life for these
great human beings. They tend to their own kitchen garden,cook their food,
watch TV (don't miss any serial). The population is growing (29). But you
must see them hugging and kissing your friend during his occassional visits !!!
God Bless my Friend - he spends his life for these children and golden oldies.

mo h said...

Heaven Lies Under the Feet of the Mother

-a famous arabic proverb

it has meant everything ...

have a nice weekend. bye.

:)

AAR VEE said...

@Ilango sir,

GOD BLESS HER AND THE FAMILY.HER STORY REITERATES WHY 'SHAKTI' IS DEPICTED AS FEMALE ONLY.

WISHING A HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL BLOGMATES ALONG WITH LITTLE PRAYER FOR GOOD HEALTH OF ALL PARENTS.

TAKE CARE

u.k.Raj said...

Dear Ilango,

Wonderful.
I will pray for (y)our mother’s good health.

“Thaaiyet cherantha kovilum ellai”

@manu
Your mother is with you only, don’t worry. She will always bless you.

@Gautam
Pls. add me to your blog – ukraj09@gmail.com

Rajagopal said...

GB - Thank you for the invitation.

Moh - Can u forward a request from the group also for BG to include us? Will it entail receiving updates automatically to the group?

Please do the needful.

Anil said...

@ ilango

Happy mothers day...
Really ur weekend notes r heart touching, somehow it always awake a nice feeling and make us realize our duties as a human being...love you..from the heart.

@ RG
Really good cause ur friend is working on,
In this material world, life is so busy everything is money oriented, and v somehow forget our past, and think abt 'self'...

WARLOCKAR said...

@ALL

HAR PAL MEIN KUSHI DETRI MAA,
AAPNI JINDGI SE JIVAN DETI MAA,
BHAGWAN KYA HAI MAA KI PUJA KARO,
KYOKI BHAGWAN KO BHI JAANAM DETI MAA,
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY....

Anil said...

@ Gautam

Plz add me in your bloglist, if any invitations is left!

anil.s.trivedi@gmail.com

mo h said...

@ RG,
do you mean GB ?

Rajib said...

@ OoT RG Sir,

I really feel humbled even to speak in this forum ... I'm honored.

I too follow 20D H-L, in fact I've been doing this for last 2 months ... so may be not enough experience. But few points I observed may be worth sharing:

1. With NS it works best with hourly chart, so 20H H-L. In daily chart it's best with 5D H-L. This coupled with 14 / 9 - RSI works the best.

2. Best results seemingly found when (5D-H & 20H-H) or (5D-L & 20H-L) coupled with EW.

3. Once a position is taken, this method works the best in determining the Support or Resistance level (with some tolerance).

4. I have not found a suitable parameter for weekly chart.

As I don't have hourly data of Equities, I can't comment on that ... but 5/6/7D works fine ...

I shall also learn more when iLango Sir illuminates us in details. Sir thanks a lot for the touching story. Once again I am humbled to be a part of this forum.

Regards.

Rajagopal said...

Moh - Yes Sir. Will it help?(oops..may be the thought came out in letters - GB is Big Guy hence BG).

Rajib - very educative contribution. Will study your observation and try it out.

Thank you.

mo h said...

RG,

it wud be good to followup on Rajib suggestion,
like he says, we can overlay this method on ilango sir's hourly backdata.
and see.

@ Rajib
Thanks Rajib

RG, GB site email notification does not work.
I wil ask him on possibilities.

alphabet1 said...

On Mother's Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggRpInuAMmE

Chalo Chale Maa (Jagriti - 1954)

Sanjay said...

Dear Ilango SIr,

My eyes are still wet. I know what it feels like.

Thanks again.

The MP Values are provided below;

===================
MP Values Spot:
VAH - 5040
POC - 5029
VAL - 5009

MP Values Futures:
VAH - 5030
POC - 5013
VAL - 5005
==================

Thanks & Regards

Sanjay Kr Jaiswal

Unknown said...

First of all a heartfelt thanks and acknowledgements to Ilango sir for putting out a beautiful peace......no more words can express the true feelings towards mother.....thanks sir.

RG & Rajib, can i request you to detail how to trade this H-L, in higher highs and lower lows scenario ? Am confused on this. Plz advise.

regards

Piyush Sharda said...

Sir,

relieved to hear that ur mother is fine now,

Rg sir,

Thanks for the addition
I didn’t want to bother u as ur file already has so many columns. Plus I will need to look in the charts of all triggering stocks as previous high/ low shud be 4 days ago.it would be convenient if I got file at 4 pm around I don’t have system availability in the night. U shud also look to delete columns frm ur file as it has become too large. If u don’t follow so many indicators ,delete them. It creates noise and scares away newcomer. If ur file will solve my problem I’ll stop maintaining one.

The best thing wud be if I cud subscribe to some service that cud give me instant alerts in cell. I use I charts they don’t have it metastock is costly I have heard.

Rajib sir

U have done great experiment. My quest is write 4 lines follow it. U shud get positive returns simple. No fuss.

I have already made it for 25 stocks copying sundar sir, data yesterday.

Out of 25 stocks no buy calls for Monday.

Rg sir,

I am honored to be ur critic. But I admire ur trading skills very much. i wish I had even a part of what u have. I have system for 1 hour. If u upload ur file I can view it else I’ll view it tomm.

Nandi said...

Dear Thiru Ilango,
I was thrown away to 1960s with MGR songs. Nice to see again after so many years. Mother is "Amma" in Malayalam and it is the first word of every child, yesterday - today - and tomorrow.
Thanks for the "Mother's day" Story.

Pradeep62 said...

Hi Gautam Ji,
Kindly add me too to your blog.
my email id is pradeep.palghat@gmail.com

Sujatha said...

I proud of your mother and proud of you too  . Mother is our Breath..

But my personal thought – Is is must for your country to celebrate “Mother’s day” as mother is in our “Breath, blood” etc., “ as we never do anything without her blessings.. like me and all while going to exam also will “touch her feet”(Namaskar) and go. We always and should remember and respect her each and every moment in our life. Not in YEARLY ONCE LIKE WESTERN PEOPLE.
My opinion is why the Western people celebrated this kind of “Wedding Anniversary” Mothers day” etc., because she/he may be with another wife/husband next year, .the same vice versa kids also to wish because their mother/father may be with another person. All the kids in the world are crying “Amma” only….not MUMMY… huh. Unfortunately Our country too following all those things is very painful especially growing no. of ‘OLD AGE HOMES”. I lost her 12 years back…Without praying her my day never starts AT ANY COST…

Here is “Adhi Shankara’s Tamil Translation of Mother’s slogam –

கருத்தரித்த நாள் à®®ுதலாய் உள்ளிà®°ுந்து.
கணந்தோà®±ுà®®் காத்தருள் சுரந்து சுரந்து
உருவெடுக்குà®®் என்னுயிà®°ால் à®°ுசியிழந்து
உணவு குன்à®±ி மசைக்கையெà®´ à®®ெலிந்து à®®ெலிந்து
வருத்துகிà®± கவலை எழுà®®் வேளைதனில்
வளர்கின்à®± பிள்ளைச்சுà®®ை சுமந்து சுமந்து
பொà®±ுத்தமொடு பூà®®ிதனில் தவழவிட்டு
சிà®®்à®®ாசன மடியேà®±்à®±ி மகிà®´்ந்து மகிà®´்ந்து
பொà®±ுத்தனை மல à®®ூத்திà®°à®®் கழிந்த காலை
புன்னகையே பூத்து à®®ுகம் மலர்ந்து மலர்ந்து
கருத்தோடு நலங்கோடி தந்தனையம்à®®ா
கடன் சுà®®ை என்னிடத்தே à®®ிகுந்து à®®ிகுந்து
உருத்துகிà®± பாண்à®®ை தீà®° பதிலெதுவோ
ஒன்à®±ினுக்கு ஒன்à®±ேனுà®®் உவந்து உவந்து
பொà®±ுத்தமொடு தீà®°்த்திட à®®ுடிந்திடிà®®ோ
பொà®±்பாத் மலரடிகள் பணிந்து பணிந்து
உருக்கமொடு தொà®´ுவதல்லால்
ஒன்றறியேன் அன்னையே
பணிந்து பணிந்து வண்à®™்குகின்à®±ேன்,

Sanskrit version I don’t have… and please Senior’s correct me If anything wrong in the above. Especially comments welcome from ILANGO SIR AND RG sir.

Regards

pragati said...

Respected Ilango Sir,

Good to know that your mother's health is improving .
We all will pray for her good health.


Rajagopal Sir,

Your friend is working for a very good cause and Best of Luck to him.
Can we get details about this place/ashram where your friend is working.


Gautam Sir,

Thank you for adding my email id to your blog.

Thanks & Regards,
Pragati

Rajagopal said...

Sujatha - Lovely post. I have saved the piece. I am jealous of you on one count:
"கடன் சுà®®ை என்னிடத்தே à®®ிகுந்து à®®ிகுந்து"

at least as a mother you are repaying a great part.

Thank you for such an impressive post.

Ilango said...

Thank you to everyone for your good wishes.

@ manu...

Shower all your love on your daughter..

@ RG,

Amazing work you have been doing with your friends quietly. Proud to be associated with you.

@ Sujatha,

As RG pointed out, it is an impressive write up.

To me everyday is a birthday..Diwali..New year and so on. But I celebrate those particular days for the sake of loved ones...don't want to disappoint them. Still I take a small dig at them by asking " Why don't you all be nice to this person everyday as you are on his birthday ?".

Think of your children..how thrilled it is for them to bring something to you on a special day..In India, we celebrate everything and the list is only growing every year.

Thank you all.

@ Rajib, Mok,

Good analysis. It is based on "Stochastics theme". If you see in the NIfty TA file - Blog data Sheet, there are 21 hour high & Lows as well as 5 day Highs and Lows with "colour formating" to show the break out or break down.

21 hour low (3 day) of 5275 got broken down on 28.04.10 at 10.00 Am but the 5 day low of 5223 broke at 3.00PM on the same day.The combination gives a follow up confirmation for the first signal. From 5 day, it goes on to break the 14 day, then 5 week and last the 14 week. That is a normal cycle but it has variations depending on the combination of various time cycles.

assortZ said...

inspirational sharing...thanks

Unknown said...

GM!

Post a Comment

Elliot's Impulse waves.(Part-5)

IMPULSE WAVES :- The Basics Waves that move the market in the direction of its main trend either up or down are called Impulse waves. 1....