I said, ”I won’t do that to him; I cannot sponsor such an idea. He may have done wrong, but I shall reason with him and forgive him, “There was a big commotion of disagreement. So I said to the teachers: “Remember all the things that you have done during and since your childhood. Can you tell me you have never done anything reprehensibly wrong?” They all hung their heads. “If that boy were your son, would you send him out?”
No one spoke. I said,” He is my son, and I will hear him.”
So I called this boy to me; he came in very defiant: "Go ahead, I know you are going to throw me out.”
“What makes you think so?” I replied. Again he challenged me rebelliously: “Go ahead.” I replied, “How Childish of you. You have done wrong, and you are proud of it. What is the matter with you? Suppose you did do wrong, that doesn’t mean you have to do wrong again.”
He hung his head. “Don’t do it again,” I said. He looked at me like the little child that he was. “You mean you won’t send me away?”
“You know that what you did was wrong, don’t you?”
He said, “Yes”
“Isn’t that enough?” I said.
“Don’t repeat it.”
Tears came in his eyes and he told me, “You know, I had made up my mind that if you sent me away, I would use my life to do all the evil things that I could.” Then he went on, “I am sorry for what I have done, and promise you that I will never do it again.”
Years later when I went to India, I learned that he had gone to England to further his education and opportunities. He now had a successful career, was very spiritual, and had a wonderful family. He came to me in tears and said, “Do you remember me?” I greeted him lovingly. He said, “That day that you forgave me made me what I am today. It is all due to your faith in me.” He embraced me and cried like a child.
If I had sent that young boy away from my school, he would not have become the remarkable man his is. He would have been nothing today. So remember, love changes people; their part is to repent of their wrongdoing and cultivate discrimination and won’t power to guide their future behavior.
-Inspiring excerpt from the fall 2008 Self Realization magazine, taken from a talk given by Paramahansa Yogananda in Encinitas. California.
13 comments:
"annaiyidam nee anbai vaangkalaam
thanthaiyidam nee aRivai vaangkalaam
iraNdum irunthaal paerai vaangkalaam
paerai vaangkinaal Urai vaangkalaam "
Nice One
Great STORY
Followers of your blog are as lucky as finding kohinoor
your weekend messages just................. i could,t
find word to evaluate your quality of knowledge on life and StockMarket
Namaste Ilango Sir
I find Shri Paramahamsa Yogananda-ji quite close to my
heart. So also Divine Holy Mother Sharada Devi
thanks Sir for enlightening
Namaste Ilango Sir
Nice story and a nice song.
Dear Ilango,
Namasthe! If love has to enter into one's life his mind must be first cleared of anger and hatred. How difficult it is to persuade people to throw away anger and hatred. Even the members of our own family find it difficult to listen to us, leave alone follow the principle
Thanks and regards.
LV
SIR ONLY ONE WORD FOR THIS STORY
NAMASTE
Namaste Ilango sir,
once again a great story which has so much relevance to the week that has past & which gives so much of a better mindset for the readers to get prepared for next week...
these stories are priceless & very much contextual which makes its even more great..
thank you for your tireless service sir...
Namaste Ilango Sir & Blogmates,
Weekends are never the same again, the stories here have changed our inner selves.
Bull seems to be in control for this expiry : Option Analysis for 24-06-2011
And for those friends who are suffering for Blogger Problem Duplicated at Wordpress Site
Thanks & Regards,
Sanjay Kr Jaiswal
Master,
It should suffice for me to say that I have been honored to get the chance to call you "Master" . You are the one to whom I have really tried to surrender my ego and learn wholeheartedly. And it has resulted into my learning in 3 years with you what I couldn't learn in 10 years more outside of your school. If someday I can APPLY even 50% of your lessons, I would be one of the greatest traders.
Added to that, it has been a humble learning experience of a great magnitude as I met some of the best traders/analysts of my life. Some are not here now,e.g. RG, Yoda... but their influences in my learning have been profound. Other teachers like DR,Sujatha,Sanjaybhai (marketpulse),Kumarji, AAR VEE, SAN,Mynac,Gauresh,Piyush Sharda, Prashant Shah,Anil... (I am sure I am missing some.They must forgive me.)
I must thank Sahilraj, Nifty Futures, Ashish, Vanquish,Satheesh, Shreyunik,Rama (you think I am dead!), Neha and Crorepathy for all their loving messages.
I am actually leaving the market, for now at least. (Yes Crorepathy, akin to Sanyas :D). But whenevr I am back in the market, I will not surely be able to stay away from this great school.
Thanks for everything.
Namaste Ilango sir and all,
Sir the Nity TA file has not been updated with friday's data. Please check it. Also one request. It has been long since you had posted stock files. Please give your views about the stock positions at this juncture.
FIRE, you were one of the better students here, will miss you..
comeback when your mind is clear of other things... best of luck once again...
Sir Ilango, all these readings are actually having an influence in my daily life..
i thank you whole heartedly for this..
Fire - Quote - I am actually leaving the market, for now at least.
Any problem in counting money or adjusting Tax?? :P :D jokes apart, someway i am little happy that "u r not trading and minting money alone" hehe hearing the sound "what a woman yaar" ?? :)
Anyway all the best for your next project. :)
Post a Comment